My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://eatsleepworkstudy.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 27, 2007

My Soul for a Sharpie®

When I was a kid, two weeks before school started, my mom would give my sister and I our budget for school supplies. We would then sit down with the Sunday circulars and determine which stores had the best buys and make our lists, so that we could get the most supplies for our dollars. I love school (and office) supplies. Pens and paper, post-its, markers and stickers. I attribute this to spending so much free time in my mom's classroom and my love of writing. So, I always loved back-to-school time. And I always started the new year confident that I was going to be organized. Typically, that lasted about two weeks. I had good intentions though.

Tomorrow I have my first class of the semester. So, I decided to get my crap together and realized, much to my dismay, that I did not have an empty binder. I am not quite sure how I managed to get this close to school and not have enough supplies. And somehow, I managed to forget about this while I browsed the school supply section at Costco yesterday. I was rather preoccupied with a big set of Sharpies. It included every color, in both bold and fine, and 2 metallic ones and five retractable ones. Oh, how I lust for those Sharpies. Binders are so not sexy compared to those Sharpies. So, now it is 9 p.m. the night before my 8 a.m. Human Growth and Development class, and I find myself both binder and sharpie-less. And I am in my pajamas. And I am apparently all grown up, because I can't manage to find away to care enough to get dressed and go to Walgreens and buy one binder. Maybe Dick will do it for me.

****

And my school schedule, for those who are following along at home:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8-9:15 a.m. Human Growth and Development
Wednesdays: 6-10 p.m. Financial Accounting
Saturdays: 1-4 p.m. Humanities

I am not sure what possessed me into taking a class in the mornings before work, but I am giving it a try. I need to take 3 classes a semester if I want to make my A.A. graduation goal, which is May 2009. Pray for me, people.

1 comments:

Lorem Ipsum said...

I love office supplies, too. I went to Staples -- there are three in this ZIP code! -- to buy some No. 2 pencils, and I thought about all the great supplies I wanted to steal if I were bullet-proof and invisible.

Nobody has No. 2 pencils at work (just the mechanical kind, which suck), and the one I was able to find was cheaply made and wrote poorly. My secret to finding the best pencil is simple: I smell them. Seriously. If they smell like nothing, they're bad; if they have a rich wood smell, buy them.

I know, I'm a freak. A pencil sniffer, opening every box at Staples, smelling pencils.