My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://eatsleepworkstudy.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School Supplies Part Two

Ahh...pencils.

Robert brought up pencils. And I have to say, I hate non-wood pencils. You know, the rubbery-want-to-be-woody-but-aren't kind? They suck ass. My favorite pencils used to be Eckerd Brand No. 2 pencils. They were real wood, sharpened to a good point and didn't splinter or break. But shortly before they went out of business, they switched to the fake-wood crap. (I always secretly thought that is why they went out of business. Bad call, Eckerds! Ok, ok, I know they were bought out by CVS. But I think the decline in pencil quality was somehow related). Since the demise of the Eckerd Brand No. 2 pencils, I have been unable to find a satisfactory replacement.

(Dick is all about mechanical pencils. But they annoy me. I really don't mind the inconvience of sharpening a pencil. And I really like manual pencil sharpeners too, but that is beside the point. Hehe. Point. Get it?)

I am glad I have friends that can appreciate the value of a good wooden pencil. Just the other day, my friend Heather confessed that as a child she collected pencils with fun designs on them. But she never used them. She thinks they are sitting in a closet in her parents' house and I am trying to convince her to find them, because I am thinking there are probably some really good, old school wooden pencils in there.

I'll let you know if we hit the motherload.

2 comments:

Lorem Ipsum said...

We already have hit the mother lode. This is the pencil you want:

https://www.dixonusa.com/index.cfm/fuseaction=shop.product/prdIndex=56

The Ticonderoga! (Sweet name, too. Sounds like a mythical city that I would spend my entire life trying to find.)

Staples sells them, and they're awesome. The eraser could be a little better, but it isn't bad by any means.

Lorem Ipsum said...

Your blog threatened to poison my food if you don't update it.